Hi all! Happy Tuesday. What a nice treat it was to have a long weekend! Ahhh... and it came at the right time too, when I really needed it. If you were lucky enough to have one, I hope that you took the time to really enjoy your extra day off :) As usual, here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on more clothes for my hubby's new job. We wanted to make sure he has enough dress pants and shirts to last him a full week. We're kind of bad when it comes to doing laundry, so we bought him some extra just in case we fall behind.
2. Today I am thankful for consistent paychecks. Wow, both my hubby and I starting jobs with new companies this past week threw our normal paycheck schedule out the window! He'll now be paid a week behind, instead of current and I will now be paid current on the 15th and last day of the month. It will take some getting used to but it should all work out okay. Initially we were told that our first check wouldn't be until the end of September and I started to get nervous because we don't have a lot to fall back on and disappointed because I had such hopes of paying things off sooner than first planned. Today I found out all is well and I'll receive a normal check on the 15th.... phew!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was rented free movies from Blockbuster. Over at Together We Save, she often gives out codes for free movies. You should check it out!
4. I will consider this week a success if I get caught up at work! Since the last few weeks have been so crazy busy, I've let some filing fall to the side. Now is a good time to catch up on all that and put it behind me.
5. I am willing to splurge on experiences. I am a big believer of having fun and making memories. I'm willing to splurge to make an experience memorable.
Tomorrow is my blogger-versary! It's hard to believe that it's been one full year since I started Head Over Heels in Debt. I'm so grateful for those who have joined in on this journey with me. I truly appreciate your comments and support.