(Photo is from My Pretty Pennies)
I've had a heck of a past few days. So, to pick up where we left off last week... I received a written offer of employment on Thursday night. I thought about it overnight and decided it was the right move for me. I gave notice at my current employer on Friday morning. Well, knock me over with a feather, within about a 1/2 hour of giving my notice, I received a counter-offer! I guess I didn't think it would be possible for them to find a position that would suit what I was looking for. Well, they did come up with something quite tempting. They offered a small bump in pay and much greater responsibility in my career path, in addition to some traveling. All of these things excited me. I asked for the weekend to think it over.
I was a ball of stress!
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I didn't want to disappoint anyone. After lots of thinking, I decided to stay where I am at. I hope it was the right decision. Time will tell, I guess. I'm being optimistic that these new job duties will help me feel more fulfilled, engaged and challenged. If not, it will be a lesson learned for me. Here's hoping it all works out for the best though!
Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a new passport to change my name. We haven't traveled internationally since our wedding in 2010. Since we have a trip coming up later this summer, I needed to send my passport in to have my name changed. This cost $110.
2. Today I am thankful for second chances. As I explained above, I'm giving my current employer a second chance. I hope it's the right decision. I'm thankful for the opportunity.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was talked with my niece. We have a close relationship and I value her opinion. I shared my predicament and got her input. It was great to catch up with her!
4. I will consider this week a success if I find us a new apartment! We gave 30 days notice on our current place, which ends at the end of June. I'm hoping to line up our next place this week or next... the latest!
5. One craft I’d like to master is photography. I took a course in college but would love to buy a great camera and really take it back up again.