Monday, November 28, 2011

My Weekly Money Check-Up! 11/28/11



Wow, it's been a long time since I've sat down and done a Weekly Money Check-Up. I've forgotten how much I enjoy taking a moment to reflect on the week that went by. I'm happy to say, here is My Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries. I tend to overbuy and overcook when it comes to the holidays. Even though it's just the hubby and me, I cook as though we have an army coming over. It works out great though for leftovers!

2. Today I am thankful for hope. Thinking of this upcoming year is very exciting to me. I'm thankful for the possibilities that may arise, the new experiences we will have and how great it's going to feel once we're out of debt.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was painted my nails. I know I've mentioned this before as my free treat that I give myself. It's true. Since I don't do it all the time, when I actually take the time to sit down and give myself a manicure and pedicure, it feels wonderful. Plus, since I already have all the supplies, it's free!

4. I will consider this week a success if I set my Christmas budget for family and actually stick to it. I have an amount I plan to use for gifts for family back home and I don't want to go over that amount. No, I'm NOT GOING TO GO OVER THAT AMOUNT!

5. My favorite Christmas song/album is Mele Kalikimaka (The Hawaiian Christmas Song). It makes me smile :)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to stick to my Christmas budget too, though I worry, as always, that it isn't enough. Well it just will have to BE enough, that's all there is to it!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete