Wednesday, September 8, 2010

5 Year Plan

Okay... so I'm really anxious to get started on my official "get out of debt plan"! Before this weekend, I was toying with a pretty tight, but good, 3 year plan. Then, after getting the new car and engaged, it's now going to have to be pushed out to 5 years. As much as I don't like it, that's more realistic at this point and will give us a little more breathing room. Unless of course, I win the lottery. Which, I know some people don't like, but I do play! Someone has to win, right?!? Why can't it be me? :)

Luckily we'll probably plan a fairly inexpensive and simple wedding/elopement. We've both been married before and live across the country from our family and most of our friends, so this is the option that we are leaning towards. We both have fun in Vegas, so we're thinking of a quick elopement there. Not sure yet about a honeymoon. Wish we had a little more saved up so we could plan something nice, but it looks like that may have to wait...

This plan is important to me because I need to wrap my brain around how I'm going to get out of this situation. Dealing with debt is like a having huge weight on your shoulders. It's on my mind daily, often hourly, and it's mentally draining. Sometimes when I think about it all, I get really overwhelmed. It can feel as though you are drowning, in a way. Breaking it down into doable monthly payments, where there is at least a rough end date identified, helps me immensely. That's why I'm excited to get it all down on paper, to start the process and kind of in a way, to begin the healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment