Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Aggghhhh! Is it 10/10/10 yet?

The big day is fast approaching for me! I'm tying the knot on 10/10/10 at an intimate ceremony (just the two of us) in Vegas. I'm really looking forward to the day! Not sure if it's pre-wedding anxiety or what though, but I'm feeling a bit stressed and on edge. Everything "wedding-wise" is falling into place nicely. I think the thing that is getting me down is the damn budget! My fiance and I tend to be spontaneous and I love that about us. However, this time our spontaneity is making things a bit more stressful then they have to be. Had we officially set the date a little earlier or started saving beforehand, we would have a bit more flexibility. But hey, hindsight is 20/20, right?

As I mentioned previously, I have a budget that I plan to kick off in November (hopefully!). But in the meantime, I have a budget to get us through the month of October. Honestly, this budget is pretty tight. It's purposely designed that way so that we can enjoy ourselves to the fullest while away. But each day, I seem to have to add a new, unplanned for expense, into the budget and our "fun money" just keeps dwindling. You'd think I was balancing the federal budget or the friggin former CFO for Enron the way that I'm sweating over our budget for the next few weeks!

I'm sure you're thinking that I need to focus on getting out of debt and not "fun money" and believe me, I plan to! I really do. It's just that this is our wedding and honeymoon and I want them to be really enjoyable for us and I don't want to have to think about money in the slightest. But I guess that's what got me into this situation to begin with, right?

2 comments:

  1. Fun money is good you just have to set your priorities. Right now the wedding/honeymoon are your priorities, so enjoy. Have as much fun as your (not the credit card company's) money will permit you.

    When you return you small efun or debt will be your priority. I have a line in my budget for fun money each pay period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I should add a line for fun money into my budget. Right now, it looks pretty tight and I know I'll only be able to go so long without doing anything "fun" along the way. In order to be successful, I'll need to adequately budget for some inexpensive good times along the way.

    ReplyDelete