Hi all :) I hope that your week and new year are off to a good start. Courtesy of My Pretty Pennies, here is my Weekly Money Check-Up:
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a credit card payment. As usual, this is our largest bill (aside from our rent). I know it sounds silly, but I look forward to the day when this bill is smaller than our car payment. It will help me see the progress we're making towards getting this monkey off of our back!
2. Today I feel challenged towards money. It's a new year and I'm hoping that we make a lot of progress. Although it's a constant challenge with money, it's one that I look at positively.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was painted my nails :) I'm not a super girly-girl, but once in a while I sit down and paint my short stubby nails and when I do, I feel so "put-together". Maybe it's a little inexpensive treat I should do for myself more often.
4. I will consider this week a success if I don't go to the grocery store again! My husband likes to really live in the moment and not plan out our meals. Because of this, we tend to hit the grocery store on the way home, more nights than not. We have enough for food at home and can make it through until the weekend just fine, so here's hoping we don't spend anymore money on groceries this week!
5. I don't like snow. Sure, the first snowfall is all pretty and stuff, but after that, it's plain old cold, wet, heavy and icky. I'm not a fan. I moved all the way across the country to one of the sunniest climates we have to get away from the stuff.