Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Weekly Money Check-Up
Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies :) Hope your week is off to a good start!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my credit card payment. Same old, same old.
2. Today I feel a little nervous towards money. Our checking account is dangerously low and I'm feeling nervous because of it. (See #4 below)
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was rented a movie for free through Red Box. I LOVE movies! I was unaware but during the holidays they had a promotion that if you rented 3 movies within a certain time frame, you'd get a code sent to you for a free movie. I got the code last week and rented a movie with it. Unfortunately, my car accident happened on the day I was returning said movie. Hopefully, this "free movie rental" won't end up costing me in the end! We'll see :)
4. I will consider this week a success if I don't overdraw our checking account! We deposited my husband's check last Friday after work, not realizing that they hold part of the funds until the "next business day"... well, due to weekend and the holiday in the US on Monday, today is finally the next business day and it doesn't appear as though the funds have actually cleared our account yet, which means we could get overdrawn if things don't work out right. I like zero based budgeting, but it's times like these that are a little scary. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see if everything will go through okay or if we'll get slapped with a $35 fee for overdrawing the account. Ugh, time will tell.
5. My signature outfit is jeans and a black shirt! Hands down. If you see me on a Friday, there's a 99% chance that's what I'm wearing. It's our "dress down day" here at work and I take full advantage. I love my jeans and there's nothing more slimmer on me than a black top. I look forward to being able to wear this outfit each week!