Hi all! It's been a busy few days with the hubby's birthday and all. I'm finally able to get back on here. I also lost my cell phone this weekend, so that was a bummer. Luckily, I still have my work phone that I can use, but I try to keep those things separate so it looks like I'll end up needing a replacement phone. I may not need to spend any money on it though because when my parents were out here last year they had a couple of old phones they left behind when I put them on our family plan. I'm going to see what condition they are in and try to get one of those activated on my plan (if possible) so I won't have to shell out for a new one!
Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies blog:
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on tuition for my niece. She updated me today that she's going to apply to be an RA (Resident Advisor) at school. I did that job while going to school and it really helps pay for college. I hope that it works out for her so that 1) this bill gets lowered or goes away completely and 2) she gets an opportunity to get more involved on campus. Thus far she hasn't taken a very active role and I think this may help her come out of her shell a bit.
2. Today I feel nervous towards money. I really look forward to the day when I don't feel much of anything towards money. It used to be that way for me before I got into debt, I just paid the bills and didn't have to work or think much about money. Now that my husband makes less and we've run up the credit cards so high, I find myself constantly thinking or worrying about money. Ugh. It's draining.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was sat on our porch with my husband and enjoyed the sunset. Although we live in Southern California, it had been chilly until recently and I had been putting off cleaning our porch up a bit so we could enjoy sitting outside together. I finally did it this past week and I'm happy I did. We got to sit out at our table and enjoy the sunset while a few hot air balloons went by in the distance. It was great!
4. I will consider this week a success if I get an idea of what's going to happen with my merit increase / salary adjustment. I'm so looking forward to finding this out. I've done a salary analysis and I'm pretty low in the range. I've shared this information with management and I'm hoping that they will agree. Although the increase won't be effective for another month or so, I'd love to get an idea this week if it's even going to happen...
5. Right now I am reading Too Fat to Fish, by Artie Lange. I've been reading this book for wayyyy too long. I just need to finish it so I can move onto something I enjoy more.
Have a great week!