Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies...
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our rent. I wrote the check out early for our March rent. (This is me trying to stay ahead of things a little bit, hoping to break the paycheck-to-paycheck cycle!)
2. Today I feel positively challenged towards money. I know that things are pretty tight for us right now and I know that we have an uphill battle trying to pay off our taxes, but today I feel okay about all that. I know... or I HOPE anyway, that things can only get better for us. As we continue to pay off our debt, the balances will only get smaller and there's always the off chance that my husband will get a job that pays him better or even 40 hours per week, so things could improve.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was vegged on the couch, finished a book and watched a couple of movies. I was lucky enough to have a 3-day weekend and I have been tired lately, so I planned to relax and hang out. I FINALLY finished a book that I've been reading off and on for over a year! We also caught a few movies on tv. I put this as an inexpensive thing because since we canceled cable and just use the antenna, it feels like we're getting tv for free. Although the selection is limited, we love it!
4. I will consider this week a success if I don't spend anything else until my husband gets paid on Friday. We should have enough food to last us through then and I think our gas tank is almost full, so hopefully we can make it until then!
5. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast! I love it! My favorite lately has been eggs benedict. It really hits the spot!