Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Money Check-Up

While reading a pf blog today that I enjoy, If I Were A Wealthy Girl, she mentioned a blog that she reads, My Pretty Pennies, that has a cool fill in the blank weekly update. I've decided to give it a try and see how it goes. The first 4 questions are always the same and the 5th one changes.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my haircut - first one in about 6 months! The wash, cut and blow-dry was $40 but with a tip, it came to $50. I was growing it out for our wedding, but it sorely needed a trim. I had been taking care of the bangs myself and actually watched some You-Tube videos on cutting your own hair, but I decided not to take the chance. It came out very nice, if I do say so myself :)

2. Today I feel anxious towards money. Now that we are back from our trip, I'm excited to buckle down and work our budget, however, there's already been a few kinks - which we've handled. I'm just feeling anxious that there could be more in the near future which would certainly make things more challenging!

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was that I finished reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I'm happy to say that reading this book let me cross another thing off of my personal goals for this year!

4. I will consider this week a success if I don't spend any more money on groceries. Since our budget is tight this week, I'm really hoping we can make it through this week without buying any more food. Time to clean out the pantry!

5. This year for Halloween I am dressing up as... myself. We don't have any plans for Halloween so as of right now, I'll just be me. If something changes and we end up dressing up or going out, I'll let ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment