Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a good start. Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a credit card payment. Yuck!
2. Today I feel optimistic towards money! My husband had his job interview last week and it went well. They asked him to come back in this afternoon. We'll see what comes out of that. If he does get the job, it probably won't be an hourly pay increase initially, but at least it'll be full time, which will increase his take home pay and make our lives a little easier. In addition, I have good news... my niece accepted the back-up RA position, so hopefully that will fall into place too and I won't have to re-budget that large payment in!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was sit on the beach for a few hours. My husband and I packed up our beach chairs, sunglasses and a blanket and went to the beach this weekend. Although it was a bit windy and cool, it was great to get out and enjoy the fresh air and take in the beautiful view!
4. I will consider this week a success if I continue to keep us on budget! As I mentioned in a post last week, we're really committed to paying our taxes in April and in order to do this we have to stay on our budget. We've been great for the past 2 weeks but I'm nervous about this weekend. It's my birthday and we have a free weekend away at a local hotel. I'm hoping we just enjoy the scenery and any free activities we can, rather than spend money we don't have to have fun.
5. My ancestors are English, Irish, Dutch, French, Indian and Lithuanian. Quite a mixed breed!