Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Weekly Money Check-Up

Hi all! Happy Wednesday :) I hope that your March is off to a good start! Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on
our car payment.

2. Today I feel so/so towards money. It's been kind of a long week for me. I've been feeling challenged by money and being able to come up with the $7K for taxes that will be due next month, so I spent the last few days tweaking the budget as much as possible so we'd be able to meet our goal. We are almost there! I believe that with some diligence and luck selling items on Ebay, we will make it! Playing with the budget motivated me to create one through the end of 2012. I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but I really want an end date in mind that I can focus on as our target of being out of debt. I feel it's a little premature to share it now, but I think I'm almost there - the date is almost firmed up.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was decided to make this month our "March Madness Month"! My husband and I have been in a bit of a funk lately. We've decided that we need to be more active. I've asked him to kind of copy Jim Carrey in the movie, "Yes Man" and go along with any ideas I have this month. He sometimes shoots them down without much thought so this may be challenging for him, but he's agreed to try. Each day I come up with something fun or different for us to do. Of course it'll have to be inexpensive too - that goes without saying!

4. I will consider this week a success if I get the GREAT NEWS that my niece got approved to be a Resident Advisor (RA) at her college. This will help me greatly as I work on the budget for next year and determine how much I can put towards these bills! PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED :)

5. My favorite thing about spring... hmmm, when I lived in the North, it was that the snow was finally melting and flowers were starting to bloom. Now that I live in the South and get to enjoy pretty flowers year round, I guess I'd have to say that I enjoy it staying lighter later. I love being able to catch the occasional sunset on the way home. It gives me balance and makes me smile.

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that you are selling items on e-bay in order to come up with cash for what you owe the IRS. You are doing a good job of problem solving and working ahead to set up budget goals. Having a goal date helps you to stay motivated. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,m in complete agreeance with Martha, I have some things myself to put on can,t wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - EBay is a great idea and you can really make some serious cash. I need to do that myself - maybe I can get set up during March break.

    ReplyDelete