Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another Payday Closer!


Today was payday for me. I made the final payment for our upcoming trip this summer. Boy, that felt good! Not as good as making the final payment to credit card #2 is going to feel on the 31st! That will be a wonderful day. It's been a longgggg time coming. We had about $20K on that card when things started. Actually $25K at our highest point before we starting the blog. The account is actually closed and I just want it paid off and put behind me. 16 more days, 16 more days!

As I've mentioned recently, it's looking pretty good like we may end up taking a slight detour and saving for a down payment starting in June. It's not official yet, but that's what we're really leaning towards doing. We have had it with our studio apartment and the neighbors upstairs. We've made great progress on our debt and the only remaining amounts from our original debt of $60K, would be a zero percent interest card that we did a balance transfer on last year and our car loan which is pretty low at .09%. Not too shabby!

I'll let you know for certain if that's the decision we make but after another loud night, I'm leaning more towards it! Plus all of our high interest cards will be PAID IN FULL! Booo-ya :-)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations I am excited for you, keep it up and you will have that home in no time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous! You are the light at the end of the tunnel for people like me!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! And I totally know what you mean about loud neighbours. We've got a guy who lives below me who literally bangs on the ceiling every time I do dishes after 8pm. I guess the pipes are loud in his place, but now I'm afraid to do dishes at night. What's worse is he plays loud music and the most inconvenient times and after several attempts my BF finally got him to open his door to talk and the guy said it wasn't a good time. It was noon on a Saturday and he was home alone. WTF? I am definitely looking forward to living in a cement sound-proof condo that I own one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooooo happy for you BBW! While the studio apartment has its downfalls it really did help you out with paying down your debt. Sounds like its time to move on and enjoy your good credit position. It'll be a dream come true when you're finally in a home of your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there - done that on the housing front. Form me after 3 1/2 yrs in efficiency apartments (2), I moved to a 1 bedroom. I paid off a lot of debt, but I should have moved sooner. Congrats on your progress!

    J - MN

    ReplyDelete