Thursday, November 4, 2010

A quarter.

A quarter. That's all we have left in our checking account right now. Twenty-five pennies. That's it! I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed by that amount or proud of myself for coming close to Dave Ramsey's zero based budgeting method. As he suggests, I allocated every dollar somewhere! Some of the dollars changed locations since we went over our budget last weekend but in the end, it all worked out.

I do have a sense of insecurity with only having a quarter in the bank, but it's just for today. My husband gets paid tomorrow (we are on rotating schedules) so that brings me some peace and the odds of something happening between now and then are pretty slim. (Now that I said that watch something crazy happen!) This really makes me wish that our emergency fund was already fully funded, but we'll get there. Mama said there'd be days like this...

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! At first being at zero is a little scary, but as time goes by you will be comfortable and familiar with it. You will one day welcome the idea of your account saying $0.00.

    I hope you are proud to have such control of your finances. There is nothing to be embarrased about.

    When I hit zero, I celebrated a little. It was the first time in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me feel okay about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I,m permanently at zero, I would be shocked if there was anything left in my account the day before payday, not just shocked but in panic as well thinking I had forgotten to pay somebody or something. Well done !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is from last week or so, but I wanted you to know that I have only 25 cents in my checking right now, too! Makes me a little nervous, but I've balanced it down to the penny, like usual, so nothing is going to bounce (you can bounce on a $25 mistake just as easily as a $.25 mistake, anyway.)

    ReplyDelete