Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekly Money Check-Up

Courtesy of My Pretty Pennies, here is my weekly money check-up :)

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our credit card payment... followed closely by our car payment. Ugh, what a waste of money. It is what it is though and if we stick to our plan, this payment will go away and I'll have happier things to post that we're spending our money on... like maybe a retirement plan!

2. Today I feel pretty fabulous towards money. If you saw my earlier post today, we received a check from our in-laws that allowed us to fully fund our emergency savings account! I feel pretty fabulous about it :)

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was watched last week's episode of Dexter (which we love!) streaming online for FREE (besides the small cost for the electricity). We canceled our cable last week but were able to use my work laptop and wireless card, to tap into my sister's online account and get access to our dear cable shows. Score!

4. I will consider this week a success if I make it through to Friday without any unexpected expenses coming up. Again, it's a tight week budget-wise, so I'll be thrilled to make it to Friday (read: PAYDAY) without anything happening.

5. I am afraid of ants. I don't want to be, but I am. The tiny little ones drive me crazy. I absolutely can't stand them. I'm okay with spiders, snakes, and all the other stuff but ants are my kryptonite!

5 comments:

  1. just found your blog, and love it!! yay for you guys for getting serious about paying off your debt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this week!! Nice that you were able to fully your emergency fund! :) Feels good doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome a fully funded emergency account, I,ve just got to get started on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I've visited your blog - thanks for adding me to your blogroll - I have also added yours to mine:) Me thinks you are too young to be thinking about a retirement plan - though I suppose it is good to plan ahead. Congrats on the emergency fund. I had mine up to around $1400 then used the money to pay legal fees when I bought my "retirement" home in PEI so am starting over again:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on funding your emergency account!

    ReplyDelete