Monday, February 27, 2012

My Weekly Money Check-Up 2/27/12

(Photo from My Pretty Pennies)

Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our taxes. Although I don't have the absolute final numbers yet (still holding out hope for that last missing W-2), it looks like we're going to owe about $6K. Yeah, I'm a little sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I know how we got here and it's from playing with our with-holdings last year to come up with the money we owed for taxes. I'm refusing to play with our with-holdings again, so instead I have to change the debt repayment schedule some. I don't love the idea. at. all. But, it's what has to happen. More on that later!

2. Today I am thankful for my good salary. Without it, our debt repayment would have been much slower. I'm thankful that I make a good salary and can throw a large amount of it towards our debt regularly. In the future, that money will be put right into savings!

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was watched the Oscars. Since I'm a huge movie fan, watching the Oscars is something I really enjoy!

4. I will consider this week a success if I
finish our laundry! We tend to fall behind with our laundry and the piles just keep getting bigger. I'll be happy if we can finish
our laundry before the weekend, so we won't have to think about it.

5. The thing I am most excited about spring is daylight savings time. I agree with My Pretty Pennies on this one. I love when the sun stays out longer and you can do more outside at night.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment