Friday, August 10, 2012

Cashing in on rewards!




If you don't know about Swagbucks yet, it's a really great website that you should check out. I don't often rave about these types of things, but I love getting free stuff and swagbucks helps me do it!

I've been wanting to get this hair care product that I really like, but I'm too cheap frugal to buy. It's by Aveda and it helps untangle your hair. My hair is thin super fine and knots up very easily. I went online recently to see if it's sold through Amazon. Like just about everything else under the sun, it is!

I recalled that I had $20 worth of free Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks that I hadn't used yet. The product was $17.99 + $4.95 for shipping. I was bummed that this took me over my gift card balance :( Then I remembered that I still had a few dollars as a cash back bonus award from Discover. Discover now lets you use any amount you have towards a purchase with Amazon. Together with my gift cards, I was able to get the product for FREE! This put a smile on my face :o)


Shipment Details


 
Item Subtotal:                 $17.99
Shipping & Handling:       $4.95
Total Before Tax              $22.94
Shipment Total:               $22.94
Paid by Rewards Points:  $4.27
Paid by Gift Certificate:    $18.67

I like the idea of working the system a bit and getting rewarded for it! If I do end up needing to use my credit card, I pay it in full each month and get to earn rewards along the way.

With Swagbucks, you just install the search engine on your computer as your home page and use it whenever you search throughout the day. You are rewarded with points for searching and these points can be converted into several things. My favorite is the Amazon giftcards!

I looked at my history with Swagbucks and since 11/25/10 I've earned 33 $5 gift cards. That's $165 in free money! For me, it's worth doing. If you like free stuff too, you can check it out by clicking on the link above. In all honesty, I believe this is a referral for me and I get points if you join. But even if you don't join by using this link, please check it out at www.swagbucks.com, it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment