Monday, August 15, 2011

My Weekly Money Check-Up 8/15/11

Happy Monday! Here's My Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our groceries. I stayed within budget and spent around $90 this week.

2. Today I am thankful for my life! Honestly, it's not spectacular or extravagant but it's mine and I love it. I have good health, a great partner, a job, a working car, a roof over my head, food in my fridge and overall, I'm thankful for all of it.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was went with the hubby to the beach for a late night stroll on Saturday. It was fun to walk the boardwalk and look into all the beautiful ocean front homes that were lit up and some were wide open. I live in a beautiful place and need to make sure we take the time to see it and appreciate it more often!

4. I will consider this week a success if I make it through to Friday in good spirits. This week is going to be brutal at work, saying there is "a lot" going on is an understatement. I need to stay positive and focused and hopefully Friday will be here before I know it. (Be forewarned, I may not post as often this week because of it.)

5. If I had today off I would have slept in a bit and then cleaned our house and finished laundry. Once that was done, I probably would lay out by the pool for a bit to enjoy some of this summer sunshine.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good week. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spending time enjoying the FREE things in life; ironically they have so much more VALUE than the things that cost money. Hope your work week turns out better than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you describe what you are thankful for especially this part. "it's not spectacular or extravagant but it's mine and I love it."

    What you did for free is also something I love to do myself.

    ReplyDelete