Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Late Weekly Money Check-Up! 6/23/11

Hi all :) I hope that you've had a good week so far. I apologize for the silence. I was away at a conference since Sunday and wasn't able to get online to post.

Here's my late Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies :

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a credit card payment! I'll be so happy once those darn things are paid off.

2. Today I am thankful for automatic cars with cruise control. I know it sounds funny but I had a long ride to go to the conference and was able to use cruise control for most of it. My previous car was a standard and shifting was a pain in the butt. Now, with an automatic, I easily cruise for hours without the annoyance of having to shift along the way.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was starting to read a new book. I love getting into a new story. There's something exciting about cracking open a new book and seeing where the journey takes me.

4. I will consider this week a success if I follow our budget and menu over the long holiday weekend! Temptations, temptations, temptations!

5. For the 4th of July, I am hoping we have a cookout at the beach or bay and go see some fireworks. I absolutely love fireworks!

4 comments:

  1. We're going to be on the BF's boat (it's docked at Shelter Island) for the weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rhitter94 - Oh, I'm jealous. That sounds nice! Have a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What book are you reading? Good luck with your budget this week! You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carla - It's called Rinnavation by Lisa Rinna. She's talking about how she was at a point in her life that she needed to change something - go through a "Rinnavation" as she called it. It's interesting.

    ReplyDelete