Monday, April 9, 2012

My Weekly Money Check-Up 4/9/12

(Photo from My Pretty Pennies)

Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our taxes! Booooo :( Soon, it will all be over though!

2. Today I am thankful for seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! It's easy to get bogged down in debt repayment mode and it can get a little depressing at times. I'm thankful that I am close to the end and can see the light ahead of me.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was checking out some open houses. We are enjoying the house hunting process. We spend lots of time online looking at listings and occasionally we take in an open house or two. We did that this past weekend and it was fun! Even though the houses weren't the right fit for us. It helps us to better narrow down what we want and don't want.

4. I will consider this week a success if I send in our taxes. We tried one last attempt to get my hubby's missing W-2 from his employer and will give him part of this week to get it, but if he doesn't, then I'm just sending them in with our best guess of what he made.

5. This Easter I had a quiet day with my hubby. We had a nice breakfast out, drove around looking at houses and neighborhoods, then relaxed at home for the rest of the day. Ahhh, it was nice.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you can relax, also I think that getting out of debt or at least close makes it easier to relax at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting out of debt would have to be a better option than anti-depressants. you are doing an awesome job.....

    ReplyDelete