Monday, April 18, 2011

My Weekly Money Check-Up

Hi all! Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our federal taxes. We made a good size payment. Hopefully we'll be making another one later this month.

2. Today I am thankful for our health. We are both healthy and I'm very thankful for that. I received good news at the end of last week that my Grandfather's health has improved (after a recent stroke he lost his speech and hearing - however, miraculously after blacking out in the shower, both senses were restored!)

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was I shred a ton of our old paperwork! It sounds crazy, but that brought me happiness. There were papers in there that we a decade old. I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of me. I'm hoping I can do better with clutter in our new place. I plan to have a recycle bin right near the front door so I can just get rid of unnecessary papers immediately, rather than keep them to go through later.

4. I will consider this week a success if I
can finalize where and when we are going to move! This has been a stressor for the last few weeks. We gave notice at our current place at the end of March and since then we've been waiting for the apartments near my work to lower their prices - unfortunately they've raised them! The month is half over so now I'm very anxious to get a lease signed so we can begin our move.

5. This Easter I am planning on spending the day with my husband. We tend to celebrate Easter in a low key way by just having a nice meal together and taking it easy. Growing up we would go for a family ride along the coast which was a nice tradition. I'd like to maybe start that tradition out here but 1) it's possible we'll be in the middle of our move (hopefully anyway!) and 2) gas prices are almost $4.50 per gallon out my way so leisurely rides along the coast will probably be put on hold until prices drop a bit!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment