Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekly Money Check-Up

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend. Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on an old emergency room bill. My husband was having panic attacks last year that ended with him going to the ER a couple of times. We had one outstanding ER co-pay for $100 that I had been putting off paying. I just sent the check in so that's another bill crossed off of our list!

2. Today I am thankful for where we live. Having mild temperatures and little precipitation really makes riding my bike to work possible and more enjoyable.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was started to "make our house a home." I finally got about half our of boxes unpacked and started to hang curtains and some pictures. Things are really coming together nicely! It's starting to feel homey.

4. I will consider this week a success if I don't have to take from our remaining food money ($23) to put more money in the car for gas. Jeepers! It's so expensive out here. I originally only budgeted $50 per week for gas, but when you end up running a few errands or take an unplanned drive to the beach, that extra gas money has to come from somewhere. I may move things around next week so we officially have $10 less for food and $10 more for gas or something so we have a little buffer.

5. The summer movie I am looking forward to is The Hangover Part 2. The first one was a laugh and the previews for the second one look funny too. Not sure yet if we'll actually catch it out at the movies or if we'll wait until it's on NetFlix. The cost to go see it in the theater may be a little too steep for us right now. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment