Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a ticket I got a few months back. I went to court and had the payment postponed, but I finally had to pay it... $450.
2. Today I am thankful for my strong legs. They helped me bike the 3.5 miles into work this morning. We are now in our new apartment and luckily a friend gave me her bike for FREE this weekend, so I was able to ride that in today! I felt like a kid riding down the street with the wind in my hair. I think I may need to invest in a helmet though. Not sure how much that will run me but it's probably worth it. I recently learned that an old acquaintance was riding his bike down in Florida and got hit and died. It really makes you think how safety comes first.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was got to ride a bike again for the first time in manyyyy years!
4. I will consider this week a success if I get all of our boxes unpacked! Our place is very small and we have a hard enough time just maneuvering around the furniture and each other, but when you throw a few dozen boxes in there as well, it's like a bomb went off! I'm going to challenge myself to get 1 or 2 boxes unpacked nightly. My goal is to have it completely done this weekend.
5. One thing I appreciate about my mom is her thoughtfulness and her sense of humor. (I picked two!) She is always doing sweet things for family members and remembering special days, even if it's just with a small gesture. Her thoughtfulness is appreciated. I also love her sense of humor! She is quick and witty. She's given all of us her fast sense of humor and I really appreciate that.