Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Weekly Money Check-Up

Hope you had an enjoyable Memorial Day!

Here's my Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a payment to our credit card! I'm happy to say that over the past week or so, we've sent in slightly over $2K. That should make a good dent! I plan to update my status numbers showing my progress once the new statements are sent out.

2. Today I am thankful for our freedom. Given that yesterday was Memorial Day, it really makes me appreciate our freedom and recognize how thankful I am to those who help fight to keep us free.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was laying out by our pool. The complex we live in has a pool and the weather was finally warm enough to lay out by it for a while. It's still too chilly to take a dip, but it was just nice to lay there, listen to some tunes, sip some pink lemonade and relax in the sun. Ahhhhh!

4. I will consider this week a success if I can finish the week off eating healthy. We just started Atkins, but the long holiday weekend proved challenging for me and I strayed from our healthy eating. I just gobbled up lots of sugary snacks that I didn't need. Today I'm starting fresh and I hope I can finish the week off successfully!

5. My pet peeves are lying, mean people, opinionated bigots and traffic.

2 comments:

  1. I"ve been using the pool at my townhome clubhouse a lot - though not in the sunny part of the day - the evening! I've gotten in the pool too -t he first couple of nights it was cool but I still enjoyed it since it wasn't freezing or anything. I like to take that 'noodle' and just float around and relax. and best of all it's using what I'm already paying for in my monthly HOA dues!

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. Thanks for sharing your story, it's very encouraging to us who are in the same situation. I'll stop by often!

    "SuperMom" :)

    ReplyDelete