Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Happy New Year & My Weekly Money Check-Up
Happy New Year! Boy oh boy, am I off to a bad start with blogging already this year?!? I'll be honest with you, it's due to my new position. Since August, I haven't been able to blog as regularly as I like to. Forget about actually even having time to get on here and check out what you have all been up to. I'm missing it big time! I'm hoping I can get into a lunch time routine but often times, I tend to get pulled back into work and am unable to get online. I've got to figure something out.
Anyway, I hope this finds you all doing well and that you stayed on course over the holidays. We did quite well! Hubby and I had a $300 allowance for each other and came in pretty darn close to that. Also, as an update, I met my friend in Vegas, as planned in early December. That trip went well and I'm happy to say I did not go horribly off plan. (READ: I spent a little more than anticipated, but it all worked out in the end.)
Okay, here's my first Weekly Money Check-Up of 2012 - courtesy of My Pretty Pennies:
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a payment to our credit card... $1,915! We are so kickin' butt.
2. Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is so supportive and on board with the goals I want to accomplish in life. It really makes me smile :)
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was daydreamed a bit with the hubby about our future. We have some exciting EARLY RETIREMENT plans I look forward to sharing here in the near future! (Whaaaat?!?)
4. I will consider this week a success if I get some exercise in. Another new development that I'll share more about soon!
5. If I could change one thing about my home it would be to actually OWN our own home. We are renting while we pay off our debt and save up for a down payment and I can't wait to get into our own place that we can really personalize and call our own.
Have a great week!