Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Weekly Money Check-Up 3/20/12

(Photo courtesy of My Pretty Pennies)

Here's My Weekly Money Check-Up, courtesy of My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on taxes... again!

2. Today I am thankful for good days at work :) They aren't as frequent as I'd like, so I'm grateful when I have them.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was going to the local St. Patrick's Day parade. It was fun to get out (even in the rain!) to watch the festivities.

4. I will consider this week a success if I get some test results back. I went to the Dr recently for some joint pain I was having in my hand and she took a ton of x-rays and ran some blood work and the labs came back abnormal. I went back in today for more tests. She thinks it may be lupus. Don't know too much about it, so I've been reading up a bit. I'll be happy if I get the test results back this week since I'm anxious to know one way or the other what is going on.

5. If I could afford one unnecessary luxury, I would have someone come clean my house! I'm allergic to dust and kind of lazy, so some help around the house would be my luxury!

3 comments:

  1. I hope it isn't lupus, but if it is, it is highly treatable and can go into remission for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - please keep us updated when you can! I hear you on the cleaners - I have them. I would give up a lot before I would give up the cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It pains me deeply to see how much tax we pay! In Canada we lose about 50% of our pay to a wide variety of taxes. So if I make $80,000 I only see $40,000 of that, if I'm lucky! That's way too much tax in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete